Beginner Embroidery – January 26th
Saturday, January 26th
from 12 – 2:30pm
Learn to embroider in this beginner workshop! You’ll master embroidery basics and learn a variety of stitches as you complete an adorable stitch sampler hoop!
This class will cover:
- How to transfer a printed image to fabric
- Learn a variety of stitches to create different effects
- What types of fabric, embroidery floss, needles and other tools are required
- How to do a basic outlining stitch to complete your embroidered image
- How to finish & “frame” your finished piece in an embroidery hoop
You’ll leave with a finished hoop, goodie bag with mini project, and the know-how to tackle more embroidery projects on your own! All materials will be provided. You even get to take your new tools home to continue embroidering anything and everything on your own!
Must be 18 years or older.
All materials are provided.
You even get to take your new tools home to continue embroidering anything and everything on your own! We’ll also supply a variety of beverages- from sparkling water, to beer and wine for those of age.
About our teacher:
Melisa Joy is a Bay Area fiber artist specializing in embroidery and crochet. Producing handmade items is important and meaningful to her- besides being a fantastic creative outlet, it reminds her to slow down, let go of the little things, and appreciate each day as it comes. Melisa teaches both Embroidery and Crochet classes with us- she loves to share the joy of making with her students!
$55 Early Bird Registration // $65 Enrollment after November 16th