Metalwork Jewelry Made Easy – Jan 13
Sunday, January 13th
from 3 – 6 pm
Making metal jewelry can sometimes seem intimidating. In this 3-hour class we’ll show you that it doesn’t have to be! You’ll learn how to make your own metalwork jewelry using basic techniques with tools that are easy and affordable to come by. You’ll learn the basics of manipulating brass or copper wire into a variety of different shapes (or components), from geometric to more organic. We’ll then use these shapes to create our own earrings, necklaces, and even bracelets if you like! We’ll also go over everything you need to create your own at-home metal work shop- no torch needed!
You will learn:
- How to cut, shape, and hammer out various gauges of wire to create shapes for your jewelry
- Different techniques for texturing your work
- A variety of techniques for connecting components together that does not include a torch (this is called “cold connections” in the jewelry making world)
- How to create holes in your designs (for those cold connections!)
- All of the details that will allow you to create a finished piece of jewelry
- AND, lastly, we will go over the tools and equipment you’ll need if you’re looking to set up a jewelry metal workplace of your own at home – with as little pressure on your wallet as possible!
You’ll leave this class with your choice of:
- At least 2 finished pieces of jewelry: make a necklace, earrings, and/or a bracelet!
- Your own jewelry polishing cloth
Students must be at least 18 years of age to take this class.
No experience or materials needed!
This is an intro level class and no previous experience is needed. All materials and tools are provided.
Small class size.
Max enrollment is limited to 10 students per session, so register while there’s still room!
Must be at least 18 years of age to take this class.
About our teacher:
Jeannine Komush is a jewelry artist who splits her time between Oakland and Vallejo in the San Francisco Bay Area. Seventeen years ago she taught herself how to create beaded jewelry which eventually lead to learning how to create metalwork jewelry. She has owned and operated Tangleweeds, her handmade jewelry business, for nine years, and specializes in brass and sterling silver pieces. With hammers and files, stones and beads, Jeannine creates pieces that are rustic and yet elegant.
Register by November 8th!
Please register in advance, as that helps our teacher prepare, and also helps prevent class cancelation. This class needs at least 5 students enrolled to run- if we don’t get enough sign ups, the class may be canceled and 100% of your class fees refunded (unless you’d rather apply your payment towards another class). In the event of class cancelation, we’ll give you at least 36 hours notice. Thanks for understanding!
$150 Early Bird Registration // $165 Enrollment after January 6th